7 Questions to Ask Your Kitchen Cabinet Designer
Redesigning your kitchen and your cabinets is an exciting proposition, but you have to be careful about the custom cabinet maker you hire. Before hiring a custom cabinet designer, make sure you interview them and see if they fit the bill.
- Can the company offer you a barrier free design? You’re obviously redoing the cabinets for a good reason – don’t accept “No” for an answer. A great custom designer should be able to accommodate any physical need as well as work your vision into their design.
- What materials are used in the making of the cabinets? Are the cabinets somewhat eco-friendly?
- How many designs are provided? If you don’t like the first design or it doesn’t make sense to you, will the cabinet maker try again until it’s right?
- How long will the process take from start to finish? If you have a specific (and realistic) timeline in mind, make sure you make it clear and that the designer can deliver within that timeframe or at least negotiate a realistic one with you.
- What is their experience with custom kitchens? Be certain that they have experience with not only custom designs, but also the type of design that you have in mind. Ask to see completed project pictures.
- Will the cabinet maker inform you of any budget changes up front?
- Can you and the designer come up with an estimate that will fit your budget? This is obviously an important part of any design process.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.